Bobby Brown Explains Why He Left Whitney Houston's Funeral Early

bobby-brown Bobby Brown confirmed that he only stayed for Whitney Houston's funeral for a couple of minutes due to being offended. The ex-husband of the late singer came to New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, NJ on Saturday, February 18 with nine people in tow. He paid respect in front of Whitney's casket and then left in an SUV with his entourage.

"My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston. We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions. I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us and no one else to move," Bobby said in a statement.

"Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi-Kristina. In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene. My children are completely distraught over the events. This was a day to honor Whitney. I doubt Whitney would have wanted this to occur. I will continue to pay my respects to my ex-wife the best way I know how."

A few hours later, Bobby joined his band New Edition in a scheduled gig in Connecticut. He paid tribute to Whitney, saying from the stage, "I want to give blessings to my ex-wife, Whitney Houston. I love you. I want to give blessings to my kids, my fiancee, my brothers, and each of you."

Aceshowbiz